Thursday, September 1, 2011

Helping out with posters ...

 I do enjoy creating posters to market library events and have realized how much work it is afterward.  That is, you're not only making the posters, but a few flyers to display around the library and handouts.  Now, about the handouts.... there is simply no need to make them half-sheet.  Goodness gracious, let's not kill a tree already.  An eighth sheet will suffice and can easily be sized up on MS Publisher in page format.  Try it.
 I've done a storytime or two as one of those acts you do to participate in the employer's incentive programs (PIP).  It was fun and energetic, and just plain wore me out.  Storytelling is in my blood, so I'm told.  I just haven't tapped into it yet.
Due to staff shortages, asking the community to take part in storytelling reaps rewards to both sides.  This storytime poster has a librarian doing her storytime and the rest are volunteers!  Of course, they love to tell stories, the problem is, we're not "proactive" in organizing volunteers to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment