Thursday, September 1, 2011

2011 FALL Computer Classes

Computer Classes are back in session, 10 weeks of it!  You know, it's a challenge to find great volunteers with the expertise to empower students.  Tustin Library has a computer lab that will remain empty due to staff shortages.  So, finding volunteers to use it can be a challenge.  So the question is, how challenging?   Facilitators have to be presentable.  Showered, hair combed, clean.  They also have to speak well, listen well, and know their subject well. 

My short interviews are very frank and I ask, "what's in it for you?" and will let them know where the library stands in terms of partnering.  I'll ask them for a lesson plan and ask them to explain a few things so I can listen to their style.

Anyways, I'm grateful we have computer class volunteers.  Especially when the students rave about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment