Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2011 Calligraphy workshops

Carolyn approached me and asked about doing a calligraphy program.  She attended the handwriting analysis program and called me a week later about the suggestion.  She brought in her portfolio and work done at a sister library.  I was quite impressed and new she'd do a professional job for $450 (4 classes).  Yep, our Friends were happy to pay, and as I hear it, the Friends are quite happy with the programs.  So far, it's about one week after I've posted the poster and already the class is half full with 20. 


6/13/11:  Ok.  We've had the first class and it's FULL!  We were able to squeeze in some on the waiting list.  Luckily I posted the registration requirement and called everyone reminding them to arrive on time or lose their seats.  I have to say, Ms. Carolyn is phenomenal.  She is very organized, detailed, and requires lots of energy.  She is a great presenters and everyone enjoyed the class.  The class was a mix of ages and styles:  seniors and young adults, mother-daughter teams, ethnic mixes, quiet and gangster looking ones, too.   

Nancy Pe'a Adult Services Librarian  OC Public Libraries Tustin Library 345 East Main Street Tustin, CA  92780 714-544-7725 

No comments:

Post a Comment