Monday, June 7, 2010

2009


The new library opened August 19, 2009. We had been busy cleaning up the collection in the old building and shipped everything in 3 days to the new library in the adjacent lot. Business started up as usual.

   Great to partner with the local Atlas Shrugged Instituted which was suggested by a patron.

  This one here was a hidden gem.  A remarkable story and a wonderful presentation by the author.  I wish she'd get picked up by a major publisher!      

  Let me tell you about this one here, the "I Do Love" author program was a lesson in itself.  I don't remember how I got in touch with her.  I designed th fun looking poster and she had a room full of women waiting to hear what she had to say.  She came in flip flops, set up her room, and began.  Two minutes into the presentation, she got into her marketing gear and started saying "in this book" ... "if you read my book" ... "it's all here in my book" ... etc, and then confessed that she has a relationship with a young gay man.  I don't know what kind of love that was, and I sure learned my lesson.  Do your research.


No comments:

Post a Comment